American Association of Woodturners.
Create great gifts and build turning skills by making holiday ornaments for everyone on your list. Here are 19 delightful holiday projects for woodturners of all skill levels, shop-tested projects selected from the pages of American Woodturner, journal of the American Association of Woodturners. Holiday woodturning projects are so popular because they are skill-building and perhaps challenging to make. They are always fun to give, and they are a delight to receive. Better yet, they are unique expressions, no-one will find another at the mall. The skill-building projects in this book include:
- Two ingenious and lovely angels to hang on the tree or place on a holiday mantel display.
- Two designs for snowman ornaments, three designs for tree-themed ornaments, and four variations on the classic icicle ornament.
- A Santa Claus nutcracker with a jaw that really works, along with a plan for Mrs. Santa Claus.
- Ornamental snowflakes and a string of lights made entirely of wood.
- A commemorative medallion that can be unique for each recipient.
- Delightful acorn birdhouses, ornaments from pen-tube kits, hot-air balloons, and ingenious hollow bottles.
There’s something here that you can make for everyone on your gift-giving list. Since 1986, American Woodturner has been the leading journal for practical and reliable information written by woodturners for their fellow woodturners.