Cape Atlantic Woodturners Newsletter
Volume #4, Issue #9
Subject: Club Minutes 9/16/2014
The Monthly Meeting of the Cape Atlantic Woodturners was called to order by President Bruman at 7:03 PM. Present were: President Gerald Bruman, Vice President Arthur Bichsel, Joe Jones, Doug James, Betty Campbell, Tom Henry, Guest Herb Siefken, John Yabchanik, and Shirley Hill.
President's Report: the President announced a change in the Show & Tell program intended to eliminate distracting side-conversations. Participants will not talk about their projects until it is their time to present the item to the group.
Show and Tell:
- Joe Jones: Used the cedar provided by the President at the August Meeting to make a shallow dish and two small flasks.
- Gerald Bruman: Presented a large Cherry Burl Bowl with a reversible top and bottom.
- T. Henry: Showed two bottle stopper made from the cedar provided at the August meeting and two trammels made from maple and kingwood.
Bring Back: Betty Campbell showed a small bowl & Coffee Grinder made from the provided wood. She then provided mahogany, ebony, krona, and black walnut for next month's project. Arthur Bichsel was selected to do October’s Bring Back project.
Raffle: The Raffle was conducted with prizes of large pieces of ebony, big leaf maple pen blanks, and Tung Oil, The Raffle raised $37:00
Demonstration: Despite having a painful medical procedure done on his knee that day, Arthur made a very good presentation on how to make patterns to guide the cutting size of a project. He showed a four step process to make Chess pieces.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.
Submitted by Tom Henry
Marking Out The Blank
Setting The Length
Setting The Intermediate Lengths
Betty Campbell’s Bring Back Project
Gerald Bruman’s Cherry Burl Bowl
Joe Jones’ Cedar Pieces
Up Coming Events
- The next meeting will be October 21'st 7:00 PM at the Library.
- Our President Gerald is offering a Skew Training challenge. Bring your favorite Skew, Face Shield, and Smock/Apron to Participate.... And see how easy it really is.... .
See you there!
President - Gerald Bruman
Vice President - Arthur Bichsel
Secretary - John Andrews
Treasurer - Tom Henry
Photographer / Video - Jeff Schnell
Education - Tom Henry
Newsletter Editor - Arthur Bichsel
Webmaster/Secretary- Gerald McGrantham
Website - capeatlanticwoodturners.com